Workflow Modules for MIP Fund Accounting®
The Microix Budget Module
The Microix Budget Module is an advanced planning and reporting tool that allows you to create and automate budget worksheets based on customized time periods and designations.
The Microix Budget Module is an advanced planning and reporting tool, It allows you to create budget worksheets for any time period. Our system automates the process by building budget worksheets based on any program, fund, grant, department, cost center or any other designation.
You may also pre-load the worksheets with current and prior year data from MIP’s™ General Ledger. After managers finalize their budget worksheet, it may then be submitted to a multi-level approval process.
Upon final approval, the worksheets are automatically transferred to MIP Fund Accounting™ Software as un-posted budget entries.
- Uses Excel formulas to automatically generate next year’s budget entries from current year’s activities
- Completed worksheets can be routed to a multi-level approval process
- Approvers can re-route the budget worksheet to the originator for modifications
- Users can enter justifications for specific line items and worksheets
- Budgets multi-year grants and programs in addition to annual fiscal year budget
- Budgets each payroll position along with their benefits
- Consolidates all budget worksheets at any time during the budget preparation process for organization wide reporting
- All reports can be exported to Microsoft Excel or printed as PDF documents
- Creates multiple versions of the same budget
- Distributes the budget automatically using MIP Fund Accounting™ distribution codes
- Allocates the budget for each line item based on a predefined or customized monthly distribution code
- Displays budget vs. actual data for current and prior years
- Estimates remainder year based on current period
- Remains current using historical data imported from MIP’s™ general ledger and works with the data to help create new budget entries. The historical data can be refreshed from MIP Fund Accounting™ at any time, so you are always working with the latest numbers
- Budget worksheets can be approved from any smartphone, tablet or PC
- Seamless integration with MIP Fund Accounting™
The budget module allowed the departmental managers to budget for their respective departments. The module was easy to learn and use. We don’t miss using spreadsheets anymore.
Jennifer Youngberg, Chief Financial Officer, Peninsula Community Health Services of Alaska